Does your favorite protein need a boost? Toss your chicken/pork/tempeh, etc. in this flavorful glaze, or drizzle it on top. A little goes a long way. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pint fresh, local blackberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp. sherry cooking wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Boil blackberries with water until soft – it should only take a minute or two once boiling.
- Strain out any seeds over a sieve or tool of desire (do this over a mixing bowl, as it will get messy).
- Add grapeseed oil to pot; place on stove over medium low heat.
- Add de-seeded berries to the pot. Add ginger, cooking wine, and lemon. Stir well.
- Cook over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces to the texture of your choice.
Nutrition Information: Store glaze in an airtight container in the fridge up to 7-10 days. Enjoy over protein of choice (e.g., pan-seared pork tenderloin). Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 35
- Fat: 3 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 15 mg