Buy the highest quality protein you can – you'll taste and see the difference. Buy local if possible! Here's how to sear pork chops for a crisp, crunchy exterior and a juicy, tender interior.
Total Time 20 minutes
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about six ounces each, (local if possible)
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly cracked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring large cast iron pan to medium high heat.
- Add grapeseed oil to cast iron and spread with heat resistant utensil.
- Rub seasoning into pork chops, then place on heated cast iron pan.
- Sear pork for 3-4 minutes on the first side. Turn and sear for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Move the pork chops to the oven to finish cooking. Finish cooking pork chop in oven until medium internal temperature (160 degrees F) or until desired level of doneness.
- Remove pork chops from oven; allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Top chops with sauce or topping of choice.
Nutrition Information: Provides essential amino acids necessary for repairing muscle and supporting neurotransmitter production. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 340 mg