If you're crazy about the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter, this is the smoothie for you. The banana adds nutrients, sweetness, and a creamy texture. The spinach blends into the background, so you can get its benefits without eating something leafy. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 12-16 oz.
Total Time 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. high-quality protein powder (optional)
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 oz. almond milk, unsweetened (or unsweetened milk of choice)
- 1 medium banana ripe, sliced, and frozen
- Add all ingredients to blender and puree until smooth. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Cacao is a great ingredient to incorporate into your diet on a daily basis. It provides a healthy dose of antioxidants and theobromine (a cousin of caffeine) to support your energy levels and overall cellular health. Gluten-free, can be made dairy free.
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 18 g (with protein powder)
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 260 m