Move over meat – here's another reason to make room for fruit on the grill! This simple salad is a refreshing and delicious addition to your next BBQ. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ~1 cup.
Prep Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 oz. watermelon, cut into steak or wedge-shaped pieces
- 2 oz. fresh basil, julienned
- 4 oz. English cucumber, sliced
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill must be VERY hot for this to be executed well!
- Slice an 8 oz. “steak” of watermelon onto the hot grill.
- After 8 minutes, turn watermelon 90 degrees to achieve crisscrossed grill marks.
- Remove and allow watermelon to chill.
- Once chilled, dice and place in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow the salad to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: This unique way to enjoy watermelon provides a hearty helping of vitamin C and vitamin A. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg