Hummus doesn't need to be just a snack dip or a sandwich spread. Here, it's the base for a very satisfying lunch or dinner.
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas, cooked and drained
- ½ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ½ Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 summer squash, diced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Add chickpeas, lemon, tahini, and garlic cloves to food processor. Blend.
- Pause blending to stir, making sure that all ingredients are incorporated. Turn processor back on, then slowly add extra virgin olive oil until hummus is smooth.
- Add lemon, salt, pepper. Give it a taste to see if needs adjustment and add more seasonings as necessary. Set aside.
- Sauté red onion, zucchini and summer squash in large sauté pan until soft, about 5-7 minutes (sauté in coconut oil - season as you desire).
- Toast sourdough bread.
- Build hummus bowl by putting 1/2 cup of hummus into the bottom of each bowl. Make a small indentation/well in the center to hold the veggies.
- Add cooked veggies in the well, then garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Rich in vitamin E, vitamin C and dietary fiber. Substitute sourdough bread with beet chips or carrot chips if desired. Dairy free.
- Calories: 490
- Fat: 24 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 520 mg