Roast up your beets and use them any way you want to – as a side, in a salad, on a crudite board, the possibilities are endless. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ½ roasted beet.
Total Time 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3-6 whole beets, medium to large, rinsed
- 2 lb. box Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place beets in a baking pan with high sides. A 9 x 9 stainless steel pan should be good if you're only roasting a few beets; use a larger pan if you have more or the beets are quite large. The sides should be as tall as the beets are.
- Pour kosher salt on top of the beets until they are covered completely. (You will most likely NOT use the entire box of salt, but it will take plenty!)
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour; check for doneness. A fork should sink into the beets once they are fully cooked. Add more time if necessary.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool/rest for at least 30 minutes before handling.
- Once the beets are cool enough the handle, the skin should be loose enough to wipe right off. Use a clean kitchen towel to do so. (Heads up – the salt and beet color may destroy/bleach the towel, so pick your towel accordingly!)
- Slice or chop the beets to your liking and serve.
Nutrition Information: Provides numerous antioxidants as well as nitrates that are helpful for the body to better utilize oxygen. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 40
- Fat: 0 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 120 mg