Decadent, quick to prepare, and perfectly crisp and tender. What else could you ask for? Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 4 oz.
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1.125 lbs sea scallops (approximately 16)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse scallops with cold water; thoroughly pat dry.
- Add the olive oil to a 12 to 14-inch saute pan on medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the scallops.
- Once the oil is hot, gently add the scallops to pan, making sure they are not touching each other.
- Sear the scallops for 1 ½ -2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a ¼ -inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information: Shellfish is a great alternative to traditional fish, poultry, or meat. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 800 mg