A light and yummy make-ahead side. A good way to get your greens in when you're not up to making a salad!
Prep Time 2 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 58 minutes
Total Time 2 hours
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. red miso paste
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- Place sliced cucumbers in a colander over a mixing bowl or sink. Salt the cucumbers and allow them to drain for 2-3 hours. (This allows excess water to drain from the cucumbers, which helps hold in flavor and prevents you from ending up with an overly wet dish.)
- In a separate bowl or jar, whisk together all of the other remaining ingredients.
- Once cucumbers are drained, discard excess liquid. Add cucumbers to a large bowl; pour the sesame marinade on top.
- For best results, marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours before consuming. Can be made up to two days ahead of time.
Nutrition Information: This refreshing side dish or salad base is rich in vitamins C and E. It also provides essential amino acids that can be challenging to consume from plant sources (a good perk if you're eating a vegetarian diet). Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free (double check all ingredients, as there is some variation between brands).
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 1,400 mg