Next time you have company, mix up this chai blend for your guests. So long, Starbucks! Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 6-8 oz.
Total Time 15 minutes
- 16 oz. water
- 2 bags black tea of your choice
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1/2 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod
- 1 Tbsp. honey, raw and local if possible
- Bring water to a boil and add all ingredients except for tea bags.
- Once boiling, remove from heat. Add tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs to serve.
Nutrition Information: Full-fat coconut milk is rich in vitamin E and potassium. It also provides a satisfying latte-like texture. Gluten-free, dairy free, nut free.
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Added Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 15 mg