If you love smoked trout or smoked salmon, this salad is a good way to turn it into a meal. Serve this protein-rich salad on greens, sprouted grain toast, celery, on a platter with other nutrient-dense sides, or on its own. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: ¾ cup.
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb smoked trout feel free to use smoked salmon
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon, dried
- 3 Swiss chard leaves and stalks, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and season to taste.
- Enjoy with fresh greens, vinaigrette, and your favorite fruit.
Nutrition Information: Provides anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and essential amino acids; a great alternative to traditional mayonnaise-based protein salads. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 34 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 180 mg