We get it: sometimes you just want some chips! This version swaps white potatoes for sweet potatoes, so you get more flavor and nutrition. Skill Level: Intermediate. Serving Size: 1 sweet potato / ~1 cup sweet potato chips.
Total Time 1 hour
- 4 small sweet potatoes, rinsed, sliced into 1/8th-inch slices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes (it hels if you use a mandoline slicer, but you may also be able to accomplish this with a peeler or knife. Be careful!) Place the slices in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil until both sides of sweet potato slices are lightly coated.
- Place sweet potatoes evenly across 1-2 baking sheets. Spreading out is key here – it allows air to circulate around the chips, ensuring their crunchiness. Leave at least 1/2 an inch between pieces.
- Bake 10 minutes. Turn chips to other side.
- Bake additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Place chips in mixing bowl and toss with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, potassium, dietary fiber, and vitamin C. Gluten-free, nut free, dairy free.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 310 mg