Think hot chocolate, only more luxurious, with higher quality ingredients than what you can get from a grocery store. Skill Level: Beginner. Serving Size: 6-8 oz.
Total Time 15 minutes
- 2 cups cashew cream or coconut milk, full fat
- ¼ cup cacao powder, dark chocolate variety
- 3 cups almond milk, or unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey, local if possible
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract)
- Whisk all ingredients in a pan over the stovetop on medium heat.
- Once hot and all ingredients have melted and mixed thoroughly, remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition Information: Cacao provides antioxidants but a compound called theobromine that can be a natural pick-me-up. Gluten-free, dairy free.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 14 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Added Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 75 mg