ZUCCHINI WALNUT SOUP
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 T. Olive oil
- 4 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 each Shallot, diced
- 3 each Zucchini, medium to large, remove seeds with spoon and cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ cup Walnuts, toasted and pieces
- 4-5 cups Vegetable stock or chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 2-4 T. Fresh herbs of choice, e.g., tarragon, dill, basil, diced
Add olive oil, garlic and shallots to a large stockpot and turn to medium heat.
Cook the garlic and shallot until slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add walnuts and stock and bring to a boil. Once it boils, lower heat to a simmer and cook for additional 5-10 minutes or until walnuts have slightly softened.
Stir in fresh chopped herbs of choice and season to taste with salt.
Remove the soup from the heat source and use an immersion blender to puree the soup. You can make this soup as pureed as you want.
Serving Size: 8-10 oz.
Nutrition Information: Provides a small amount of protein and omega-3 fatty acids from the walnuts and can easily be frozen for up to 3 months. Gluten-free, dairy free.