FARRO & VEGETABLE PILAF
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Time: 45-60 minutes
- 2 cups Farro, cooked and cooled (substitute for any whole grain)
- 1 each Roma tomato, diced
- 1 each Shallot, minced
- 3 T. Flat leaf parsley, diced
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1 ½ T. Champagne vinegar, white balsamic or apple cider vinegar also works
- 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- to taste Salt and pepper
Cook whole grain and set aside to cool.
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss until well combined.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If desired, chill pilaf in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to allow the ingredients to marry together.
Enjoy with your favorite protein and any other additions.
Serving Size: ½ cup
Nutrition Information: Farro is a whole grain that has more of a nutty flavor versus earthy flavor. It is high in fiber, B vitamins and contains more protein than other grains. Nut free, dairy free.