Heirloom tomatoes can most likely be found at farmer’s markets or health food grocery stores. They are worth every dime! They have more flavor, better nutrition, and tend to be fresher than other varieties.
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced then quartered (core removed)
- 2 oz. fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced then halved
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, high quality
- 8 tsp. aged balsamic vinegar, high quality
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves (do not tear – leave whole)
Place tomato slices on small salad plates (4 total).
Top each plate with 3-4 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
Drizzle 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil evenly among all plates.
Drizzle 8 tsp. of aged balsamic vinegar evenly among all plates.
Top with fresh basil.
Savor and enjoy!
Nutrition Information: Gluten-free, nut free.
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Added Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 65 mg